Thursday, February 22, 2007

food frisbee

Today has been trying. Between suffering a 7-hour-long headache* and being woken up at 5 a.m., it's astounding I didn't lose my cool. At a meeting/potluck today, Eliza threw an unprovoked fit, grabbing my plate and throwing it on the carpet. I clenched my jaw and squeezed my hands, allowing myself a minute to cool down before I snapped. It's bad enough when she throws food at home, but this happened on someone else's carpet with a half dozen witnesses watching as I spent 10 minutes picking currants out of the carpet and mopping up cashew butter. "Let's clean up," I said, but Eliza (who is usually quite willing to help these days) would have none of it.

She wasn't upset after she threw the food. "Huh? How'd that get there?" her expression seemed to say. I wish I knew what brought it on.

* More on that in a later post.

1 comment:

veganbaby said...

Hugs Mama!
We have the split peronality here too. She will throw her food and then be upset about it.