Friday, June 22, 2007

she strikes again, part 2

The following is a cut-and-paste from an e-mail:

The cut lip was just the beginning, as it turns out. There was dried St. John’s Wort spilled all over the bathtub and bath mat. Then Chris came home early (5:30) and complained, “don’t you watch her?” Minutes after he accused me, Eliza ripped down the shade in the bathroom, ripping the window screen right in front of his face!! As frustrating as that was, a small part of me was relieved that he could no longer say it’s because I wasn’t watching her closely enough. He was sheepish and apologetic after that. A little later back downstairs, she was having a tantrum and started throwing fruit – including heavy melons – from the fruit bowls. She threw almost continuous tantrums from 6 to 8 until she did nothing but scream and refused to eat a bite of dinner.

I forgot to mention that she entirely refused to nap yesterday, then she threw a tantrum in the middle of the public library, and I had to carry her out while everyone gave us dirty looks. All that and the above all happened in a single day.

* * * * *

I forgot to mention that a roll of toilet paper was unraveled yesterday evening. In light of everything else that happened, it was overlooked.

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

Wow, I hope you guys have a relaxing weekend planned. You'll need it after all that. Athena used to slide her chest buckle down and wriggle her arms up the top. I freaked out a few times and had to pull over and then she stopped. It was scary though.